pICT's mission since 2005 has been to develop our students' 21st century skills, knowledge and dispositions through faculty and organizational development. We are a change program that has made significant impact on the culture of teaching and learning at San Diego State University. We've documented this impact on students and faculty in the following pages. To see examples of student work products and Faculty Fellows' projects via 21st century skills use the links Digital Literacies, Inventive Thinking, Effective Communication and High Productivity. For examples via discipline, use the links in the left column. The reports, Faculty Fellows Focus Group Report and Faculty Fellows Survey Report highlight Faculty Fellows' experiences and impressions of the program and its impact on their students' development as a result of their projects.
The capacities pICT has developed include:
- catalyzing strategic alliances with Instructional Technology Services, The Center for Teaching and Learning, The Library and the Department of Educational Technology,
- creating a flexible infrastructure of personnel and resources,
- bringing together administrative and faculty leaders to advocate for change,
- raising student expectations of technology for teaching and learning,
- disseminated our work locally, regionally and nationally.